- Mechanism design and applications
- Humanoid robotics and applications
- Actuators and applications
- Control and applications
- Every day the lectures will be held at a different university in Tokyo + factory tour of FANUC, near Mount Fuji
- Students and young researchers
- The fee is 40,200 JP Yen (approximately 300 Euro).
- Round trip to FANUC factory is included.
- Other costs (in particular transport, accommodation, food, etc.) are not included.
- Application deadline: May 31, 2018
Since the number of applicants has reached to our maximum capacity, applicants from now on will be put in the waiting list. If you are not registered but are strongly willing to attend the event, please E-mail to email@example.com directory for further discussion.
- Register with your personal information via online form (Deadline: 31st May, closed).
- After 31st May, you will receive an e-mail from the summer school secretariat. Please pay the expence according to the instruction given in this e-mail by using your credit card.
[PDF is here (including access map for each venue)]
||"Mechanisms and applications"
Room 304, Ishikawadai 3rd bldg, Tokyo Institute of Technology
2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552
(10 min. by walk from Ookayama Station, Tokyu Meguro-line and Ohimachi-line)
|9:00 - 9:15||Opening Ceremony|
|9:15 -10:45||Tips of Creative Mechanical Design for Practical Robots|
Dr. Shigeo Hirose, Representative Director CEO, CTO, HiBot Corporation, Japan
Professor Emeritus Tokyo Institute of Technology
|11:00-12:30||Tolerance Management for linkages|
Prof. Mathias Huesing, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
|14:00-15:00||Gravity Compensation for Robotics|
Prof. Chin-Hsing Kuo, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
|15:15-16:15||Kinematic Design of Parallel Robots|
Prof. Yukio Takeda, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
"Humanoids and applications"
Room 121, Bldg. No. 120-5, Waseda Campus, Waseda Univ.
530 Wasedatsurumaki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0041
(6 min. by walk from Waseda Station, Tokyo Metro Tozai-line)
|9:30-10:30||Introduction to Humanoid Robotics|
Prof. Atsuo Takanishi, Waseda University, Japan
|10:45-11:45||Medical Humanoid Robotics -Patient Simulators for Medical Education/Training-|
Prof. Hiroyuki Ishii, Waseda University, Japan
|13:00-14:00||Biologically-Inspired Design of Musical Humanoid Robots and Its Applications to Human-Robot Interaction|
Prof. Jorge Solis, Karlstad University, Sweden
|14:15-15:15||Application of Humanoid Robotics to Disaster Response|
Prof. Kenji Hashimoto, Meiji University, Japan
||"Actuators and applications"
|Koganei Campus Building 6 room 501
Tokyo Univ. of Agriculture and Technology, Tokyo,
(10 min. by walk from east gate of JR station Higashi Koganei)
|10:00-11:30||Electro-conjugate Fluid Actuators for Soft Robot Applications|
Prof. Kenjiro Takemura, Keio University, Japan
|13:00-14:30||Film-based Large Electrostatic Actuators for New Mechatronic Applications|
Prof. Akio Yamamoto, University of Tokyo, Japan
|14:45-16:15||Mechatronics for controlling mobile robots and automobiles|
Prof. Masayoshi Wada, TUAT, Japan
|16:30-18:00||Lab Tour (Wada - Venture - Toyama)|
||"Control and applications"
|Nakajima Hall, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo
|9:00-10:00||Kinematics and Dynamics (theory and algorithm)|
Prof. Yoshihiko Nakamura, University of Tokyo, and Dr. Ko Ayusawa, AIST, Japan
|10:15-11:15||Modelling (interpretations of block diagrams)|
Prof. Ken Sasaki, University of Tokyo, Japan
|11:30-13:00||Model and Identification (identification theory and practice)|
Prof. Gentiane Venture, TUAT, Japan
|14:00-15:30||Feedback Control (nonlinear control and locomotion)|
Dr. Christian Ott, DLR, Germany
|15:45-17:15||Computation (software, simulation and realtime)|
Prof. Tomomichi Sugihara, Osaka University, Japan
||Factory tour of FANUC Corp., Yamanashi
|7:20||Departure from Shinjuku, Tokyo, Using a chartered bus|
** Meeting place can be found in the last page of the pdf program! **
|10:00-10:25||Welcome Talk and Introduction of FANUC|
Recent Robotic Research Activities at IGMR, RWTH Aachen University
Prof. Burkhard Corves, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
|12:45-13:30||Industrial Lecture from FANUC|
|13:30-16:15||Factory Tour in FANUC|
|16:45||Departure from FANUC|
|19:20 (approx.)||Arrival at Shinjuku Station|
- Prof. Burkhard Corves, RWTH Aachen
- Prof. Shigeo Hirose, HiBot Corp.
- Prof. Mathias Huesing, RWTH Aachen
- Prof. Chin-Hsing Kuo, Taiwan Tech
- Prof. Yoshihiko Nakamura, U. Tokyo
- Prof. Ken Sasaki, U. Tokyo
- Prof. Atsuo Takanishi, Waseda Univ.
- Prof. Yukio Takeda, Tokyo Tech
- Prof. Kenjiro Takemura, Keio Univ.
- Prof. Masayoshi Wada, TUAT
- Prof. Kenji Hashimoto, Meiji Univ.
- Prof. Jorge Solis, Karlstads Univ.
Organized by: Japanese Council of IFToMM
IFToMM TC for Linkages and Mechanical Controls
IFToMM TC for Robotics and Mechatronics